When a representative at Perfectly Priscilla contacted me to see if I wanted to try out one of their pieces for a review, I jumped on it. I’m a big fan of any kind of clothes, so right away I settled on this dress extender – something I have always wanted, but didn’t know existed!
This dress extender is supposed to add length to a short dress. If you’ve ever shopped at Forever 21, you know exactly what I’m talking about – I think part of the reason that their stuff is so cheap is because they only sell you half of the fabric on a dress!
The item itself seems to be high quality – it seems like it would last through quite a few wears. However, I quickly learned that it was NOT a good fit with most of my wardrobe.
Here are some cons:
- The pink color, while beautiful, isn’t really my color and doesn’t look awesome with my skin.
- It really doesn’t go with an a-line skirt – with 90% of my wardrobe is.
- It has to go with a very specific length of skirt – not too long and not too short. (Again, my wardrobe didn’t fit the bill!)
- The top was a little too big, so was a little bulky in most of the dresses that I tried it with.
- The pink color – though it’s not for me, it does look great on others!
- The lace at the bottom is really pretty and intricate, and slightly polka dotted (which is my jam, as you know!)
- It makes a great stand alone nightgown
The last part, how it makes a great nightgown, of course, has a story…
For the past months, I have been caring for my mother-in-law as she has fallen ill. She has been bedridden, and we have had a heck of a time finding nice nightgowns for her to wear.
As I was getting ready to write this review, I hung the nightgown up at my in-law’s house where I care for her to take some pictures.
This morning, her hospice bath assistant came to spruce her up and make her look pretty, since this is hard for us as family members to do, since she is bedridden. Because caregiving is so draining, when her bath assistant came, I went to the other room to take a nap.
When I came out, my mother in law was all spruced up – and wearing the dress extender as a beautiful nightgown! I think the bath assistant (who is WONDERFUL) saw it hanging and thought it belonged to my MIL.
It looks absolutely beautiful on her and with her skin tone.
Even though the extender didn’t quite work for me, I love that it unexpectedly made it to my mother in law, who looks amazing and way more beautiful than I ever could have.
That’s what I love about life – sometimes the most beautiful things just aren’t for us – but on someone else, they radiate beauty.